Thursday, January 15, 2009

NEVER ENOUGH SHELVES

When you move into a new house you realize how many shelves, cabinets and storage places you really need. I praise God that Bruce is a handy man. He's been putting up shelves for us. He has put up 3 large shelves for linen. And he's putting up some shelves in the pantry. They are looking really nice. But... yesterday as I was re-organizing stuff... we still have a room (the guestroom) full of boxes of stuff that we have to find places for. I was tempted to feel discouraged. I thought of our house in Green Bay. When we moved into it all the closets and cabinets were there. It was fairly easy to organize and arrange everything then. Then, again, I think of the people we have met in Africa who don't even have a place to live. I guess, when we put things into perspective... we don't really have any problems. Praise God for a new house that we have to organize, put up shelves, buy cabinets, do the landscaping, etc.

1 comment:

  1. We definitely hear you on the shelving issue. We bought a 100 year old home last year. I'm sure they were just inventing closets, so they must have been too expensive to put into the floor plan!!

    ReplyDelete